How does a submersible pump work? As the name suggests, this type of pump is completely submerged within the liquid you are working with in order to pump dirty or clean water from A to B. Because this pump can be used for many jobs, many different versions of submersible pumps are available for sale. We also deliver submersible pumps with grinder, which are the solution for liquids that are heavily contaminated. Furthermore, we provide lightweight stainless steel submersible pumps that are very easy to install. This way, every pump solves a different problem..
Choosing the right submersible pump
When selecting the best submersible pump for your situation, we take the following factors into account:
- The density of the medium. Is the liquid clean or heavily contaminated?
- The required capacity. Here we examine how many litres per second you must pump.
- The discharge height. How many metres must the pump be able to pump the liquid upwards?
- The length and diameter of the discharge pipe.
- The installation process. Submersible pumps can be installed in various ways. Feel free to contact us so we can advise about the best approach.
Cooling of submersible pumps
The cooling of submersible pumps works differently compared to other types of pumps. The electric engines of other pumps are air-cooled. This is done by means of a fan. The cooling proces is different for submersible pumps. In almost every case, the liquid in which the pump is submerged, cools the engine. Because this medium provides the cooling for the enginge, a submersible pump may only be activated when it is fully submerged. Otherwise the motor can be damaged very quickly.
Submersible pumps are mainly used in the following jobs:
- Lowering of ground water.
- Pumping groundwater for drinking water / fire fighting water.
- Pumping of drainage water, effluent and waste water.
Need an industrial submersible pump?
Submersible pumps can be used for many jobs. Some examples are: lowering or pumping ground water, and pumping out drainage water or waste water. If you think you need an industrial submersible pump for one of your jobs, you can always contact us. Our experts will gladly help you finding a suitable solution!